Supported Employment is an approach to vocational rehabilitation that provides customized support services for adults with serious mental illness to help them find and maintain employment. This program offers both individualized job placement and/or employment placement with the program’s Quality Commercial Cleaning Crew.
Program staff consists of trained professionals with an expertise in working with adults with serious mental illness as well as the provision of vocational services.
Services provided include:
- Assistance in developing resumes, conducting job searches and completing job applications
- Job interview preparation, including selecting appropriate attire for the interview (or obtaining appropriate attire if the consumer does not have suitable clothing), conducting mock interviews and providing transportation to and from the interview if needed
- Individualized job development and links to employers that are of interest to the consumer
- Linkage to education and training programs
- Benefits management assistance for consumers who are enrolled in financial and medical assistance programs, such as SSI, SSDI, food stamps, rental assistance, etc., and how employment can potentially affect their eligibility for these assistance programs.
Once the consumer finds a job, Supported Employment staff will provide support to the consumer in maintaining the job. Support is provided in the office, telephonically, onsite at the job or in the community. These support services are provided to the consumer for as long as he or she needs them.