FGC’s Heal, Empower, Rebuild (HER) Intensive Outpatient Substance Abuse Services program is open to pregnant and parenting women of Warren County who are experiencing issues related to substance abuse and want to attain and maintain a substance-free life.
The HER program provides:
- Individual, family and group therapy. The therapy utilized follows two evidence-based programs. A Woman’s Path to Recovery is a therapeutic program to assist women in achieving and maintaining sobriety. The Seeking Safety program is an intensive therapeutic program to address issues of trauma in women. .
- Case management services assist the consumer in obtaining benefits to which they are entitled as well as maintaining critical services they are currently receiving.
- Assistance is provided in obtaining appropriate medications as prescribed and maintaining that medication despite financial hardships.
- Random and regular urine drug screens
- Free transportation to maintain program obligations
- Referral and linkage to childcare providers
The average length of stay in this program is 90 days after which most consumers will then be transitioned into a less intensive outpatient setting, either with outpatient substance abuse services or services that address a co-occurring mental health and substance abuse issue.
Program staff consists of New Jersey State licensed substance abuse therapists, a part-time case manager, and medical staff consisting of psychiatrists and advanced practice psychiatric nurses. Medical staff provide psychiatric evaluations as well as medication management services.