FGC’s Intensive Outpatient Mental Health Program (IOP) serves adults with a serious and persistent mental illness who often have a co-occurring substance use disorder and who require more intensive treatment and support services than the standard outpatient mental health program can provide.
Family Guidance Center’s Opportunities for Wellness Program (OFW) provides immediate access to mental health services (within 24 hours), which allows consumers to get treatment quickly when their need is greatest. This program offers structured, intensive individualized clinical activities designed to stabilize the consumer and promote the recovery process.
Program activities include:
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Case management and support services
- Psychiatric evaluations and medication management services
- Flexible treatment plans to ensure minimum interruption with daily activities
- Illness management and relapse prevention groups
- Development of wellness and recovery action plans
Program staff consists of state licensed clinical social workers, a case manager and medical staff, including psychiatrists and advanced practice nurses. Consumers may attend for a maximum of three hours per day, four days per week, for up to 90 days, after which most are transitioned to a less intensive outpatient setting.