REPORTS TO: Director, Crisis Intervention Unit
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling or a related behavioral health discipline certified in the State of New Jersey, plus at least one year of experience in a psychiatric setting, OR
- BA in a related field plus 3 years’ mental health experience, one of which is in a crisis setting; OR
- BA in a related field plus 2 years’ mental health experience, one of which is in a crisis setting and currently enrolled in a Master’s program, OR
- RN with 3 years’ full-time equivalent, post-RN, professional experience in the mental health field, one of which is in a crisis setting.
- Provide telephone and face-to-face Crisis Intervention and Family Court/Crisis Intervention services to mentally ill individuals of all ages and those with a secondary diagnosis of MR/DD as needed.
- Provide face-to-face or telephone outreach and mobile crisis response to individuals in the community as needed and in accordance with Unit and Center policies and procedures.
- Develop comprehensive holistic assessments of consumers presenting to the unit, including children, adolescents, adults, older adults and clients with secondary diagnosis of MR/DD; involve family members as indicated.
- Evaluate consumers referred for screening by Emergency Departments of both Warren County hospitals (St. Luke’s Warren in Phillipsburg and Hackettstown Medical Center) and complete necessary documentation for temporary involuntary hold; assist in telepsychiatry for commitment and arrange for referral to STCF or private units; complete necessary documentation and referral to facilities and develop alternative referral plans for individuals when hospitalization is not appropriate.
- Interface with Emergency Services staff, FGCWC’s Medical Director, St. Luke’s Warren Hospital and Hackettstown Medical Center physicians as needed and as indicated in unit procedures; coordinate services with other area providers, the Jail, the Court system, DCP&P and/or probation as indicated.
- Advocate for clients to ensure they are able to receive needed services.
- Provide consultation on behavioral health and behavioral health management to community gatekeepers (e.g., police, correctional facilities staff) and the community at large regarding behavioral health in general, and for specific behavioral health emergencies.
- Provide shift coverage, including weekends and holidays, as assigned.
- Ensure that documentation meets Center standards for content, completeness and timeliness.
- Participate in unit and Center performance improvement activities as assigned.
- Meet regularly and as needed with supervisor.
- Take responsibility for professional development by participating in a program of continuing education; attain New Jersey Screener certification as required.
- Attend all Center and Unit meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
This full-time position provides generous paid time off, an offer of medical, dental and vision insurance and a 403(b) retirement plan with company match.
COVID-19 ADVISORY: All Family Guidance Center of Warren County employees must be vaccinated and boosted against Covid-19 or be willing to submit to weekly Covid-19 testing. All staff, clients and visitors must wear face coverings while within Family Guidance Center of Warren County offices at all times regardless of immunization status.
Interested candidates may send resumes/CV to Julie Farneski by clicking on the “APPLY FOR JOB” button below. No phone calls, please.
Family Guidance Center of Warren County is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com