MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling or a related behavioral health discipline; licensed in the State of New Jersey plus at least one year of relevant counseling experience; ability to work well with youth, family members, Juvenile Court system and other community child-focused services.
REPORTS TO: Director of Family Crisis Intervention Unit
- Provide timely telephone and face-to-face crisis intervention services to children and their families in a variety of settings, including schools, family homes, Juvenile Court, Juvenile Detention Center, Youth Shelter, other community settings and FGC office locations.
- Develop comprehensive holistic assessments of clients/families referred to FCIU.
- Develop individual and family-focused treatment plans; reevaluate plans as needed and at intervals specified in Center procedures and FCIU regulations.
- Advocate for consumers and families to ensure they are able to receive needed services.
- Provide consultation/education to the community regarding the FCIU program and available children’s behavioral health services.
- Provide case management, as needed, for clients who are experiencing a family crisis and who may be resistant to involvement in conventional treatment.
- Provide flexible coverage based on program needs, which includes evening hours.
- Ensure that documentation meets Center standards for content, completeness and timeliness.
- Participate in Unit and Center performance improvement activities as assigned.
- Attend weekly group supervision as well as individual supervision as needed.
- Take responsibility for professional development by participating in a program of continuing education.
- Participate in county child-focused meetings/work groups/committees as directed.
- Attend all Center and Unit meetings as needed and statewide FCIU meetings as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
This full-time position provides generous paid time off, an offer of medical/dental/vision insurance and a 403(b) retirement plan with company match.
COVID-19 Advisory: all Family Guidance Center of Warren County employees must be vaccinated/boosted or be willing to submit to weekly COVID-19 testing. Employees must wear a face covering while within agency buildings regardless of immunization status.
Family Guidance Center of Warren County is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates may forward their resume/CV to Marta Clerici by clicking on the “APPLY FOR JOB” button below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org