FGC’s Heal, Empower, Rebuild (HER) Intensive Outpatient Substance Use Disorder Services program is open to pregnant and parenting women in Warren County who are experiencing issues related to substance use disorder and who want to attain and maintain a substance-free life.
The HER program provides:
- Individual, family and group therapy that follows two evidence-based programs: A Woman’s Path to Recovery is designed to assist women in achieving and maintaining sobriety, while Seeking Safety addresses issues of trauma in women
- Case management services to assist consumers in obtaining benefits to which they are entitled, as well as maintaining critical services they are currently receiving
- Assistance in obtaining appropriate medications as prescribed and continuing to receive these medications, despite financial hardships
- Random and regular urine drug screens
- Free transportation to maintain program obligations
- Referral and linkage to childcare providers
The average length of stay in this program is 90 days, after which most consumers will then be transitioned into a less intensive outpatient setting, either with outpatient substance use disorder services or services addressing a co-occurring mental health and substance use disorder issue.
Program staff consists of state licensed substance use disorder therapists, a part-time case manager and medical staff consisting of psychiatrists and advance practice nurses. Medical staff provide psychiatric evaluations as well as medication management services.