FGC offers outpatient mental health, substance use prevention and sexual abuse treatment programs; wellness and recovery-focused services; crisis intervention emergency outreach, family crisis and traumatic loss coalition programs; and family support services.
The Institute implements its mission by providing excellent educational development programs as well as treatment and prevention services in a culturally relevant manner. We offer high-quality and affordable in-person continuing education courses in Warren County, New Jersey. Courses are facilitated by highly trained and certified professional staff, including board-certified Psychiatrists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers and Licensed Professional Counselors. Our specialty practice continuing education courses include functional psychopharmacology, crisis intervention, suicide prevention and more. We are approved for continuing education by the New Jersey Social Work Continuing Education Approval Collaborative, which is administered by NASW-NJ.
Prevention Connections is a program of the Family Guidance Center of Warren County that provides substance use prevention services to youth, adults and senior citizens living in Warren County, New Jersey. Our program facilitates evidence-based substance use prevention initiatives derived from state and federal grants we have earned.
- Regional Coalition: the Coalition for Healthy and Safe Communities seeks to create environments that support healthy lifestyle choices among people of all ages. We deliver prevention education to professionals and community members on the consumption of alcohol, tobacco, vaping, opioids and other illegal substances.
- Drug-Free Communities (DFC): through this grant, the Warren Hills Coalition delivers prevention education, awareness campaigns and initiatives throughout the Warren Hills Regional School District from grades 5-12. The goal is to reduce the prevalence of substance use among young people and increase an understanding of the dangers associated with substance use.
- Outreach and Community Education for Young Athletes (TOPS): our mission is to educate and provide prevention tips for the misuse and use of opioids and other drugs among young athletes in Warren County.
- Community Prevention of Cessation Services: our highly trained program facilitators work with youth, educators and community members to educate them on the health risks of tobacco use.
- Partnership for Success: this program is designed to increase knowledge and reduce underage drinking, marijuana use and misuse of prescription drugs/opioids by youth ages 9-20 throughout New Jersey.
- Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS)
- Alcohol and drug prevention presentations for schools, nursing homes and events
- Drug and tobacco prevention, as well as stigma-free school-based youth programs
- Life training skills
For more information about Prevention Connections, please visit our website or contact us at (908) 223-1985.